All our standard structures are designed for inland and coastal regions. In determining the structural integrity and wind loads we have taken into account:
• Basic Regional Wind Speeds in Terrain Category (South African & Australian wind load codes)
• Correction factor for consequence of failure (high due to proximity of people) & class of structure
• Characteristic wind speed at height for the particular building or element
• Wind Speed Multiplier to allow for terrain, height above sea level & size effect
• Structure return period and dynamic wind pressure above sea level
Structural analysis of a product is an iterative process. Our project engineer creates a discrete geometric model based on the designer’s inputs and by using tensile wind load analysis software tools. Our project engineer then validates the products based on the simulation results. After optimization, the product design is again assessed to ensure the product will withstand the desired wind loads.
A 100% 3D model is generated with all the steel, plates, cables, nuts and bolts and is then analysed using our software. We generate a full wind load response video as well as detailed Finite Element Analysis Report. The model is an intelligent model which allows up to simply adjust the steel specifications in order to achieve the most economical structures that can withstand the wind load we wish to apply. Our project engineer is able to extrapolate based in terrain, shielding, air pressure (altitude) etc to ensure the most economical structure is offered for the desired wind load, location or market.